Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Excerpt from a Youth of the Year Candidate Essay 1

The following is an excerpt from one of our candidates essays for Youth of the Year:


"Some days my Dad would come home and of course he would be tired and he probably did want to just sit down and watch some T.V. but he still managed to make 10-20 minutes of time to just throw a ball around or have a jump rope competition. Even at the Boys & Girls Club, there are great adult role models. This one counselor there, Jarrod, probably one of the best basketball players I have ever played with, he would always be willing to work with me on my shot or something that I wanted to understand or do basketball wise. Sometimes it would be 6:00 p.m., an hour before the Club closes, almost everyone would be gone but he still helped me work on my spin move or just play one on one with me. I wouldn't lead this active lifestyle if I didn't have these great role models in my life."

-Dhruvil S.

No comments:

Post a Comment