Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Excerpt from a Youth of the Year Candidate Essay 4

".... I can remember going to the Boys and Girls Club to go pick up my brother and I would ask my mom when I could start to go cause it looks like fun. In my many years at  the Boys & Girls Club, I have been blessed to receive intelligent guidance from the staff and other club members. I like the fact the club is diverse and you get to learn new things about different people. The staff members made sure that no feels ashamed of who they are. My mother has  thought of me to be strong and to stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves. No, I am not perfect myself. My grades are not perfect but I am working hard everyday, well some days more than others but I am still working hard. I have and still receive help from the staff at the Boys & Girls Club."

-Jayquan L.

No comments:

Post a Comment